The approach Appreciative Inquiry was developed in the 1980s by Dr. David Cooperrider in the United States and is based on 'what works’ - despite all adverse circumstances. The inquiry focuses on those aspects that 'give life'. Instead of dissecting problems, the focus is on successes and possibilities. Coaching according to the Appreciative Inquiry approach follows five process steps: Define, Discover, Dream, Design, Destiny. Originally, this approach was used for organisational and team development. Today, more than 250 possible applications of AI have been described: from Business Planning to Appreciative Auditing to Appreciative Coaching. The following content is central to this lesson:
- A brief history of the origins of AI
- The 5 principles
- The 5 process steps
- What is characteristic of Appreciative Coaching?
- Where can you find more information?
Heike Aiello MBA. With more than 15 years of experience as coach, facilitator and public speaker, I focus on career coaching, leadership coaching, high-potentials and team-development. My work is based on Appreciative Inquiry, Deep Democracy and Narrative Coaching. I am a result-oriented professional, living and working from the heart, fuelled by a positive, curious, inclusive, international mindset. Author of the book 'Werken in organisaties' (Working in organisations). I offer my services in German, English and Dutch in the Stuttgart area and online all over the world.
Benefits for the participants?
- Get to know the world of Appreciative Inquiry
- Enrich your toolkit with Appreciative Inquiry coaching methods
- Discover the AI coaching principles
- Get inspired by the process steps of Appreciative Inquiry
- Learn to craft appreciative questions
- BOOK Appreciative Coaching: A Positive Process for Change (Jossey-Bass Business & Management) by Sara L. Orem, Jacqueline Binkert, et al. | 16 Mar 2007
- BOOK Conversations Worth Having: Using Appreciative Inquiry to Fuel Productive and Meaningful Engagement by Jacqueline M. Stavros , Cheri Torres , et al. | 22 May 2018
Please book your ticket via eventbrite