Build a richer connection with clients that evokes your best coaching self in service of the client
As coaches, our ability to be fully present and conscious with our clients is key to a successful relationship. Yet sometimes we can let the skills and tools we learned steal our focus away from being in the moment. And without a focus on our way of being with our client, our coaching relationship is less effective.
While it’s important to intentionally improve our capacity for presence, exactly how can we do that? This highly interactive web-seminar will equip coaches with the Relational Presence methodology. This proven process will build your muscle of how to be with clients. Relational Presence allows coaches to access a way of being that heightens trust and intimacy, enriches their coaching presence, deepens active listening, and fine tunes their direct communication with clients.
For more on Relational Presence and Coaching, see this article: https://coachfederation.org/blog/a-way-to-be
Please be sure to use your webcam for this seminar. This is a high participation event where attendees have the opportunity to practice the skills learned in the session. Be “camera ready” to interact with the other participants via webcam.
Tina Mertel is a PCC-level coach and is certified in Relational Presence (also known as Speaking Circles®) Training. She created this workshop with her co-founder Pam Noda. Experience has taught them that being in Relational Presence with clients is the ground of coaching wisdom. From there emerges a coach’s sense of what to say when and which skills/tools to apply. From there emerges a client’s inner knowing and call to action. This combination is what yields inspired coaching from the coach and inspired results for the client.
Benefits for participants
- How do you know you have presence? Learn to stay open, confident, and flexible.
- How do you stay focused on your client? Learn to listen for meaning, and how to hold back from your own intepretations of what's being said.
- Learn how relational presence affects all of the coaching competencies
- Raise your level of authenticity so that you feel comfortable no matter what comes up in a coaching session. (Surprisingly, under 20% of coaches say they feel completely authentic in a coaching session.)
- Create a safe environment for clients to be who they are.
July 21th 2020; 7pm - 8:30pm
Information on CCEU are published on Eventbrite.
Please click here to get your ticket.